Monday, June 1, 2009

Bluff Creek in the books

For a fun, training-workout for the day it went good! My fastest time in a tri last year was 1:44:??.

I had a great time, let the "serious" swimmers have at it, helped some girl with her gearing into the wind during the bike, and had a good walk with JG on the "run"!

Official times are:

Swim: 14:31 - I do believe that includes the LONG jaunt up to transition. My watch said 11min when I checked it out of the water.
T1: 1:51
Bike: 52:23 - 15miles
T2: 1:20
Run (walk): 32:27
Total time: 1:42:33

That put me 10th (13 total) in my age group and 44th (51 total) overall in sprint women. I am very happy with that and am excited for Pigman Sprint June 7th!!

JG did great also...I will let her post about her race experience!

Ok i am a little slow but I finally made it for my update.

Swim: 10:48- my watch said 9:13 so I am not quite sure where they took the time but I am ok with this.

Bike: 49:05 - 15miles

Run (walk): 39:25, I need ALOT of work on my run, my leg did start to hurt again so I decided to walk most of it because of Hy Vee coming up. A couple of weeks ago I pulled a muscle in my left calf and dropped a table on my foot. Not a good thing to do.

Total time: 1:42:43

I am happy with my results. I tried to be more relaxed and enjoy the experience this time. I was better but need to work on that more. Next up for me is Hy Vee on June 28Th. So the next three weeks i am going to focus on the bike to run transition and just the run to see if I might be able to get something going.

Thanks for reading. Until next time. Peace

No comments: