Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Update

Time sure does fly. I was reading the old posts and realized I have not posted since Cy-Man. Bad me bad bad me.

Once Cy-man was done it was OFF season for me. Well I soon came to find out that I am addicted to exercise. I guess that you can have worse addictions. So I have been trying different stuff. Instead of road riding I have been doing some cyclocross type riding. I have cut back to one day a week swimming laps and the other day I am doing the aqua jogger. The aqua jogger what a hoot. It is a belt that keeps you floating and you basically run in the water, it takes all of the pounding out of running and lets you keep training. When I bought the jogger I got the ankle "weights" and arm "weights". I use the term weights lightly. it is not the actual weight of them that makes you work it is trying to keep your arms and legs from floating to the top of the water. The first time I uses the ankle "weights" I had a real difficult time keeping my butt and ankles in the water...Jan the aquatics director had a great time laughing at me. It is a workout.

This past saturday JS, Mindy and myself went and took the Women's only mt bike clinic, or as Mindy likes to call it the "Free" clinic. :). It was held down by the old science center. Cam Kilpatrick was the coach and he had help from Kyle Sedore, Taylor Webb, John, Dave and Matt. I am bad I do not know all of the last names. Well anyway we were taugh how to corner, do front weelies , back weelies. The front and back weelies were to help go over logs, how to climb and go back down.

The cornering went ok, it takes practice. I had the most troube with the front weelie. No trouble with the back weelie. Now let me back up a bit, when Cam was giving us instructions at the beginning he said, "When you go over logs we will be there to catch you so you dont fall". I think he forgot to let Kyle and Taylor know this. Here I am putting my life in their hands..I ride up to the log pop the front tire up...then the back...the next thing I know my butt is higher than my head and BAM! I hit the ground...first thing out of my mouth was "YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO CATCH ME!". I got up brushed myself off and got back on the bike. Cam, Dave, Kyle and Taylor kept asking "are you ok!". Matt tracked me down asked if I was ok then watched as I went over the log again. I gave them a hard time but They were really concerned, it was nice to know they cared.

It was a good day however a long tiring day. I hit the ground 3 times in all. Come to find out the peddles that I was using are called "Widow Makers" because you can clip in them but cannot get your foot out...I think Bill is trying to kill me.

Julie and Mindy left early so they gave me their raffle tickets and we cleaned up....2 pairs of oakleys, a bike computer, pair of socks and bar grips...woo hoo. I never win anything I was happy for all of us.

I will say that today I am bruised and sore. Instead of a "Butt topper" tatoo, I have a "Butt topper" bruise...I think the seat hit me in the back when I was doing my bike flip.

ok enough about my mt biking adventures. Next Sunday JS, Bill and I are doing Spooky Cross...our very 1st cyclocross race. At Living History Farms. I am excited. I plan on just taking it easy and doing what I can.

oh oh oh ...I am now a member with JS of the All9Yards Cycling team. It should be alot of fun.

Well until next time...PEACE.

No comments: