Monday, September 8, 2008

Cy-Man and the end of the season

Sunday was Cy-Man and the end of my tri season. I was not feeling my best but that cannot be an excuse. In the past i have had some of my best work outs when i was not feeling tip top. The one thing that didnt help me was I had not eaten enough breakfast. As I was setting up my transition area my stomach started to growl..that is not a good sign.

The swim didnt start out to well, I couldnt seem to break out of the traffic and get my rythem but eventually I got into open water and swam good. I checked my watch as I got out and it said 9:30. I think it differs from below because of where the sensors are and I had to stop and jump in the little pool to get the sand off of my feet. That took a whole 4 seconds. :)

My legs were tight on the bike but I just kept telling myself that I need to work through. I didnt care for the wind, There seemed to be a perpetual head wind. I averaged 18.5 mph so I cannot complain to much.

The run well we will not say much about the run. It is one of my winter projects.

10:24 (4)
46:24 (2)
37:03 (8)

Total time 1:36:53

I am glad that the season is over, I am tired and I can really feel the fatigue in my body. I need to remember that I take longer to recover, now that I am older. I need to start listening to my body more. I will say that I am becoming more attuned to what it is saying.

I have been thinking about next year. I am not sure what my schedule will be but I am looking at 2 intermediate distances and 1-2 sprints. I will see how this winter goes before I make that call. I am going to do Hy-Vee again and will sign up in November like I did last year. It was my motivation last year and will be again this year.



JG and JS setting up transition



Taylor taking off for the run. I saw him coming and yelled "Hey Taylor come and get me". My wave started before his so I was ahead of him, he caught me with about a mile left in the run.



JS finishing, once again doing a great job.

Well that is all for now. I will keep you posted on how my winter maintance is going and what I decide for next year.

Until then PEACE.

You only fail, if you fail to try!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yep...you like the longer distances! I will definitely need LOTS more training before I try an Oly!!