Monday, August 25, 2008

12 minutes-Hickory Grove triathlon

I took 12 minutes off of my tri time from last year. The run was my downfall again this year as it was last year.

Here are my results:

2007
swim: 11:52 (8)
Bike: 52:05 (3)
Run: 44:03 (12)

2008
swim: 9:10 (2)
Bike: 48.39 (4)
Run: 36:52 (10)

The girl who won my class, swam slower then me, was 10 seconds faster on the bike however she ran 8:30 minute miles. Yep the running got me again. It is going to be my main focus this winter.

I have to say that I am happy with my results, it is funny as I am doing the tri I keep asking why am I doing this, it is nuts, I am crazy, I will never do another one. But once I finish I am already thinking about the next one and how to improve. I think that I am crazy most of the time.

JS did a great job but I will let her tell you all about it herself.



JG and JS in the water warming up and trying to stay warm.



My pretty pretty bike



My finish time.

Cy-Man is next on my list, that is Sept 6th then it is time to do some cross training and relax a bit. I am in the process of setting my goals for next year. I will post them once I have them figured out.

PEACE

No comments: