Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SUNDAY...

...is the day!
My second sprint tri of the season. JG is also participating. Are we ready?

I would like to say I am. But I am a nervous person. I think it could be my 20th one and I would still be nervous. I feel like I am in better shape. I still haven't got the training that I would have liked in, but that's how it goes when you have a full-time job, a 2 1/2 yr old, a husband that also needs to get out and ride his bike, and a house to keep clean!

This is the same course as the Cy-Man last year, but is now called Hickory Grove Tri. My time last year was 1:46:40. My goal is to beat that by 5 minutes. Transition work should be better, I have a better bike, and I've been swimming with hand paddles and flippers to gain muscle strength. The running will still be my main issue...concentrate on breathing and just go for it is my mentality right now!

deep breaths...try not to think about it...until Sunday!!

No comments: