Saturday, July 12, 2008

Maintain....Train!

JG talked about feeling lost....I think I would too after training so hard for an event like that.
She looks great and I think all she needs to do is maintain for her upcoming sprint triathlons...they are going to seem like a breeze compared to what she just did!

Anyway...I on the other hand need to TRAIN! After being sick off and on since the Hy-Vee tri I need to get back into training...you are seeing it here. I am going to start swimming/running on my lunch hours again T-Th and going for bike rides, with our without Alexa after work! 3 days of RAGBRAI will help the biking a little. I just need to stay aware of what I'm eating, but still enjoy some of the "fun" foods on RAGBRAI! hmmmm.....pork sandwiches, pie, donuts (looks like Jefferson has some donut guru!), etc.

Hickory Grove (old Cy-Man) is August 24th. My goal is to better my time from last year by at least 3 minutes! My time was 1:46:40, so that means I need a 1:43:40 or better and that would also be a better time than Pigman, which was 1:44:30.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be riding my bike to the Y for work. Hopefully early enough to go lift some weights before practice. I will be posting every couple of days on my progress. Don't be afraid to send a message asking what I've been doing, it will help motivate me!

Take Care! JS

No comments: