Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just call me stupid

Yep just call me stupid. For the past 4 weeks or so it has felt like my fitness has been going backward. I have noticed that I have been gasping for air. I actually thought that I was sick flu or something, however it just wouldnt go away. So I started kind of a regression, thinking over what have I changed in the last few weeks. Well I had started to eat yogurt and for some reason yogurt makes me phlemy. So I stopped eating yogurt. Helped a little not much.... I have increased my training following my schedule, So I started to cut back some. NOPE didnt help...*LIGHT BULB*....I cannot drink red wine it stuffs me up and give me headaches..however there has been so much written about the good effects of drinking red wine I wanted some of those benefits, so I started to take a grape seed supplement about 4 weeks ago. I stopped taking them Sunday. I cannot believe how my breathing has improved. I can breath. Breathing is a good thing. It has really raised my awareness on how food affects me. Chocolate for instance, I love chocolate however I have noticed when i eat chocolate I just dont feel well. Kind of back to the phlemy thing.(I have given up milk products except for cream in my coffee and an occasional ice cream)

The next time you just do not feel right think back to what you have eaten it might be the food making you sick....yep Just Call Me Stupid...:)

The training has been going well since Sunday. I took the Tri bike out on it's maiden voyage last night...what a sweet sweet machine. I found a flat road and just road back and forth trying to get use to the position. Beauty and I are going to get along just fine. I will probably do a couple of blocks this weekend...bike to run. I need to get my body use to the transition. I am hoping that the weather starts to look up I need to get some open water swimming in and I am anxious to tryout my new wetsuit. Getting that puppy on is a whole workout in itself.

Until next time....PEACE

No comments: