Sunday, March 16, 2008

Work In Progress

This weekend Bill got started on putting my tri bike together. I love watching him work, there is no way I could take all of the components , put them in the right spots and order to make a working bike. It also takes time, not just a snap of the fingers and it is done.

Below is a pic, there are no cables on it and we just put some cheap peddles on so that Bill could set the tri bars. I think that it is a georgeous bike.





Training it going well, I have noticed lately that I cannot breath very well. After wracking my brain it finally dawned on me what was going on. I have been eating yogurt, .LIGHT BULB! That is why I cannot breath. So I have quit eating the yogurt and hopefully the breathing will come back. I have to be careful with milk products because they make me product mucas and I get bronchitis, well everything that I have read says that yogurt will not do this. Except for me. So no more yogurt.

I have also started to see a chiroprator, I had to do this when I trained for my marathon way back in the early 90's. My hips etc would start to lock up, so the chiro would help keep me in working order. Massage therapy is also a good thing. I wish that I was a low maintance athlete however when running is involved it is not to be.

I have aquired a wetsuit so once the weather and water warms up I can pracitce my open water swimming. Let me tell you putting on the wet suit is a trick in itself. I am glad no one had a camera, Talk about a full body girdle. Now I know what a penis feels like...only I am not ribbed or tropical banana flavor...sorry couldnt resist that visual. :) JG'S adventure in condom buying...

There have been some bad days but I keep telling myself that yes I can do this and I will do this. That is about all for now.

PEACE...JG