Tuesday, February 12, 2008

no progress

I think I'm in the middle of the winter blues!
Stress at work, not sleeping due to my daughter, and (sorry boys) a LONG menstrual cycle (working on 13 days to be exact...once again, sorry boys!) just doesn't make me want to exercise.

Yes, I know exercise can help with the stress, but the lack of sleep really inhibits that.
For some reason Alexa has been waking anywhere from 3:00am to 5:30am and sometimes more than once. Once she wakes, she does not want to lay back down in bed, she just wants to rock or sleep with us.
Well, we DO NOT want her to get in the habit of crawling in bed with us, so I rock for about 10 minutes and then try and lay her down. The other night I resorted to getting my exercise mat, a pillow and blanket and laying beside her bed so she would lay down. I tried to get up about 15 minutes later and she sat straight up and said "stay here, Mommy". OK, back down on a cold hard floor. I fell asleep and woke up about 45 minutes later and went to bed, only to have the alarm wake me 1/2 hour later.
Anyway, some relief is on the way, Kyle and Alexa are heading to CR on Wed, Kyle will then be back on Fri so we can head up to MN for the weekend. I will get some sleep and hopefully some good exercising in!!

A trip to the Dr. on the 18th will hopefully alleviate the other problem aforementioned.

Work stress, that is already getting better as we have year-end stuff pretty much done, now it's just getting everybody's taxes organized after the guys enter them. Big swim meets are done, so less computer work. It was just A LOT all at once!

Winter blues - mother nature needs to help with that one....bring on the warm weather...PLEASE!!
Ah the trials of trying to get healthy and fit....and being a woman!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hang in there Julie spring is coming. I will let you know when our next Ice skating adventure is. Have fun this weekend.