Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Stretching

My training has been going well. I will admit that I am tired. I dont know if it is the increased exercise or maybe the weather. One thing that i have noticed is that I am stiff. I know that stretching is a very important part of a persons life. Not only an athlete but anyone. I am terrible about stretching. I hope to change that. My massage therapist told me about a dvd that she says works very well. It takes a different approach to stretching. Instead of holding the muscle stretch. The dvd has you hold the stretch for two seconds however you do the stretch at least 10 times. I will do the arm and finger portion of the dvd at work when I feel my arms tightening up because of using the keyboard so much. My goal is to try to do these stretches everyday or at least every other day.

The dvd called Stretch for Health was created by Michael Young.

In 1991, Michael Young, NCTMB, decided to change his lifestyle and his career. He and his wife moved to Colorado and settled in Evergreen. Michael enrolled in the Colorado School of Healing Arts where he studied to become a certified massage therapist. Michael had always loved massage. As he learned more about the benefits of massage therapy, he decided that was his new career choice. In school, Michael was trained in Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Neuromuscular Massage, Therapeutic Massage, and Relaxation Massage. Upon graduation, he opened up his business, Massage Works.

The DVD it is very cheaply made, there are not gorgeous girls in skimpy work out clothes. Michael narrates and has a slight stutter and his wife is the model. However if you can over look that there are some great stretches.

PEACE JG

No comments: