Monday, January 28, 2008

Another week down....

....and not much done!
When you work full-time and have to get deadline computer work done for the swimteam, it's really hard to find the time to exercise. Especially when you aren't truly done working until 10:00pm! Very frustrating!! Season is officially over the end of March and it will slow down considerably after Feb. 10th...then the hard work really will start...I promise. You are all reading it here!

Anyway, the only thing I got done last week was Tuesday after coaching. I headed up to the track at the Y. Completed a 5 minute warm-up...I'm guessing close to 1/2 mile...need to track that better. Ran 1/2 mile, walked 1/4 mile, ran 1/4 mile, walked 1/4 mile, ran 1/4 mile, finished with a 1/4 mile walk. So about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 miles down! Not too bad.

Then it was off to one of those fun little exercise bikes. Picked a 6.5 mile hilly course this time. FUN!! Took me about 18 minutes.

After that I did a round on the freemotion machines. I did all of the arms machines and picked my favorites on the legs. Love the freemotion at the Y. It gives the ease of the machine, but is designed to use more muscle control like freeweights. Very cool equipment.

So all in all, Tuesday was a great exercise day. I did random stretching throughout the week. I also played with Alexa and we worked on counting while I did some chest presses with her, some legs lifts, and some hip raises. She has fun and it adds a good 26lbs to my little exercises.

BRR on Saturday...hope I don't die!

1 comment:

Webbies said...

I haven't checked out the weather yet for Brrr....hope it ends up being decent (I know how nasty it can get)!