Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How it goes.....

I have always exercised in some way. At times more than others. Lets just face it I am not physically fit at all. Even though I have swam two times a week for 4-5 years. Even though I have put alot of miles on my bike the last two years. I am out of shape. I have been on my base fitness schedule for almost a month now and I have been following it close, there has only been a couple of times that I have cut time short just because I physically couldnt go on. I am finally starting to notice slight changes. I have noticed that I have gotten alot stronger at swimming. I have noticed that my rpms on the bike are way up and I actually ran 4 miles the other night. They were not fast miles or pretty miles but I did them. I have noticed that I want to eat better, I am choosing fruit over candy. I drink alot of water however now I am drinking more. I have noticed my stomach muscles feeling tighter, my legs are shaping up and I am walking straighter. The down side is that I ache all of the time, I think that it is just the body rebelling against what I am forcing it to do a match of wills between the mind and the body. I am hoping that by the end of the second month some of the aching starts to fade. The first month has been tough and I have questioned my sanity many many times however I am not ready to hang it up.

PEACE

1 comment:

Julie said...

You're doing great!
So much better than I am. I am so ready for swimteam to be over so I can tackle my goals a little more. Computer work and politics of everything is driving me crazy!