Monday, January 7, 2008

It begins....24 weeks until Hy-Vee Triathlon

If my calculations are correct 24 weeks from yesterday It will be Hy-Vee Triathlon time. Today i began my 12 week base fitness schedule. It was biking and running However I ran into some issues and didnt get the running in. I did do the first workout. I felt really good. I wish that I would of had time for the running workout. I understand what they are trying to do and I need all of the running help that I can get.

It is great TrainingPeaks sends me my workouts every day.

Your workouts for Monday 1/7/2008:

Workout # 1: Bike, Planned duration: 0:45, Planned distance: 0
WU: 10' - CD: 10'. These are with your shoes clipped in, and the idea is to focus on one leg at a time. 90 right leg, then 90" left leg. Next is: 45 right, 45" left, vice versa 2x. Next: 30 left, 30" right increase cadence each 5 to maximum. Next: 20 right, 20 left for 2. 15 right, 15 left for 1, 10 right, 10 left, for 40, 5right, 5 left for 20. 34 x 1 at max cadence, RI 1. 34 x 15 at max cadence to spinout, RI 45


Workout # 2: Run, Planned duration: 0:40, Planned distance: 0

40' run with 6x30" strides. These are best if done on a slight downhill on a dirt path. Warm up for at least 10' before the first stride. For your recovery, you can walk back to the starting point. Strides are quick bursts that are as fast as 5k pace. You are looking to get in about 45 left foot strikes per 26-28". Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

3D Multisport has some great core/weight training etc. work outs

The Issue I ran into was Mr Thomas. For those of you who do not know me. We had an influx of felines last year. In fact we have 10 now. Mr Thomas is 7 months old and has become a Houdini, no matter what I do he gets into the room where my bike and treadmill are set up. So I held him for my cool down and he loved it. I told him not to get use to it because If I have to lock him in a closet I will. I dont want him or any of the others getting hurt.

That is all for now. I can feel my core workout working. I am going to be sore tomorrow, but just think of how fit I will be...yah right...:)

PEACE JG

No comments: