Monday, February 9, 2009

My first Tri of 2009!

Yep, you read it right...I already did a Tri for 2009!

Sunday Feb 8th was the Ice Breaker Tri at the YMCA to raise money for Partner with Youth. I usually have the Y take funds out of my paycheck, but this year I decided to participate in different activities for my donations.

The Tri was a 300yd swim, a 7 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. Now after doing a true sprint tri outside, I was a little bummed she didn't shorten the run a little too! As you all know, the run is my worst!!

Anyway, it was fun, I used it as a workout for the day and used it to gauge how my running is right now. Well, let's just say....my running SUCKS!! Will definitely be adding some more running days to my workouts.

Not sure on exact start to finish time, but my approximates are:

300 yd swim - 4:50
7 mile bike - 14:30
3 mile run - 36:00

Ahh...let the training begin, as my registration for the Pigman Sprint on June 7th has been mailed!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Woo Hoo great job JS!