Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hello Hello Hello

Hello everyone I am still around. It has just been awhile since I have posted. It is amazing how there are just not enough hours in a day. Well I started my official tri training on January 1st. I have a schedule that I follow. 3 months of base building then 3 months of training. I have it timed out to the Hy-Vee triathlon on June 28th.

Hy-Vee will not be my first tri this year I am doing the new Bluff Creek Triathlon on May 31st. I am going to use it to judge just how well my training is going. I also signed up again for the Hickory Grove tri in August. I did the sign up for both get a discount deal. I will take all of the discounts that I can get.

I am already stronger this year at this time than i was last year. I am focusing more on my running. I will never be a great running but I think that I can manage 10 minute miles and if I do that I will be completely happy.

JS and I joined the All9Yards Women's cycling team so we are now officially "Pinks". I will say i was hesitant at first. Except for JS, I train by myself and am a loner in some ways. So going to the team setting is scary for me, however all of the meetings that I have gone to so far have been great. The "Pinks" are a great group of ladies. I need to just remember that we all are interested in biking and women's health so enjoy the company.

As you read in the Post below. JS has been busy already this year..WAY TO GO Jules!!! She is starting off great. I know that she has signed up for Pigman and I plan on being there as her support crew. Pigman is the first weekend in June.

There are a few other races I would like to do this year besides Tris. I would like to do the Elkhart Time trial series, I know that there is the snake alley criterium and one thing I would like to see the team do is get a time trial team together, and do the state team time trial. Then this fall give the cyclocross races another chance.

oh JH also joined the "Pinks" so there ARE three Jules...JS, JH and JG. So if you yell Julie you are more than likely to get a response.

Keep following your dreams dont let anyone tell you that you cannot do something..

Until next time..

PEACE

1 comment:

Julie said...

We'll have a blast with the team! You are going to be so strong this year. I'll be cheering you on at Hy-vee once I am done swimming! I'm excited this year we don't have to run to the next transition to see everyone!!