Monday, June 2, 2008

Pigman...DONE!

I finished! I wasn't completely ready, but I had fun and the race felt pretty good!
Setting up transition...it was about 6:00am!

Swim (.5K or 543yds) out and back went good. I used a wetsuit (water 67) and even though I had practiced in it. I wasn't real comfortable. After rounding the last buoy I felt a tightness in my chest and had to breastroke it for a while to get my wind back.

Out of the water after the swim...I was having troubles with my wetsuit. If I can suck it up and bear the cold water next year...I'm not going to wear it!



Bike (15.5miles) went REALLY good. I rode my BMC time trial bike and it felt good! I need to get a new seat and adjust my shoe clips for a little more comfortable ride, but all in all it was good! I'm not a hill person and I even passed a few people on hills!

Coming back in on the bike...I played catch and pass with the girl behind me for the last 2 miles!

Run (3.1miles) went OK. I ran what I think was the first mile. I then did a run/walk until about the last 3/4 of a mile. The cheers of the crowd really helped to kick it in at the end and I finished strong. I have a really hard time not thinking about my breathing when I can't listen to music. When I run on the treadmill or out around the neighborhood with my headphones I run better and longer!

Heading out for the run...I was actually about ready to choke on the water I just drank!


Anyway...here are my times:

Swim 10:33 - would have been better if I didn't have a little panic attack in the water!
T1 4:02 - I couldn't get my wetsuit off my ankles!!
Bike 51:25 - avg 18.1mph
T2 1:42 - have to work on leaving my shoes clipped in so I can run better with my bike!
Run - 36:51 - 11:52pace
Overall - 1:44:30

I also need to work on getting on and off my bike while moving!

2 comments:

Jules said...

You did GREAT! You should be proud of yourself!

Webbies said...

You are such a stud----looking good!!!
B