Sunday, June 8, 2008

14 Days and counting..

It is 14 days until the Hy-Vee triathlon. At this point I am ready for the swim and the Bike. the running still eludes me. I have resigned myself to the fact that the running is going to be alot of walking, I can deal with that this year however running is going to be my winter project.

This spring has been very strange, colder than normal then all of a sudden it is hot and humid. I rode 40 miles yesterday, was suppose to run for 45 minutes, I didnt have it in me. The humidity had taken its toll. I drank 5 bottles of water and was still dehydrated. Today I ran 6 miles As with the biking it was hot and humid. Drank alot of water. I have come to the conclusion for me to get through the run I will need to be drinking and eating pretty much constantly. How I am going to pull this off I do not know. If you see me during the run just hand me some food and/or water. I will be grateful.

The rain has me worried. I keep thinking how are we going to swim in Gray's Lake if is it flooded. I am hoping that they have thought of this and have a plan in place. I know that it is not worth the worry, I cannot do anything about the rain.

I am excited, scared, nervous, doubtful, and hopeful. I have worked hard for the past 6 month for this, I need to keep in my mind that I am competing against no one but myself. I am doing this for me not for anyone else. It has not been easy there have been many days I have questioned why am I doing this. There is no way that I can do this. I still have doubts. But it is all worth it today I stepped on the scale and have lost 20+ lbs. That is why I started this whole triathlon training was to force myself to lose weight, eat better and get healthier.

The next 14 days are going to be critical. I need to eat better all day not just before I exercise. My exercise schedule is starting to taper. I can see the tri coming, I will give it my best shot and we will see what happens.

Until then PEACE

1 comment:

Julie said...

YOO HOO....20+ pounds....awesome!
You are going to do great...that is if we can compete! Hopefully Gray's will open up again this week so we can get some training in!