Thursday, May 1, 2008

Punk Rock Cycling Training Duathlon

First off, thanks to PRC for hosting this training duathlon. I had fun, got a good workout and found out that I need to work on running!

The Duathlon was a 2m run, 12m bike, 2m run. It was tough! I really like swimming first instead!

OK...so the running needs some work. I didn't have a ton of time to warm up and got a cramp in my side on the first run. So a little walking to stretch it out. On the second run my calves tightened up. Yep, more walking.
I used to eat a banana a day....I think I need to start that again.

I LOVE my new BMC bike! Part of the course had a pretty strong headwind with some small hills and for some reason, wind/hills are NOT my friend! Other than that, I felt like I was FLYING on the other parts of the course. Definitely loving the bike!

They didn't do split times, but I did finish in 1 1/2 hours, mainly because I had to walk a bit on the second run. So I'm hoping that is a sign I will maintain/better my last years sprint tri time of 1h 46 min. As each course is different, I think I'll do alright!

I did finish DEAD last...so Congrats to JG for coming out, doing great, and finishing ahead of me!! I think we need to get together on her hilly routes more often and work on my hills on the bike.

2 comments:

Webbies said...

Great job Julie! It takes quite a bit to just get out there and do it---I think you are doing great with your goals!

B

Kristin and Bruce said...

Great job Julie. Way to stick with it through all your aches and pains! You are one tough cookie! I'll see you Sunday at the MTB race in Waverly.