Thursday, April 24, 2008

What a week so far....

This has been by far the best week yet! Now that tax season is over, I am going to take 2-3 lunch hours a week and go swim, plus the warm weather...lookin' good!
Starting with:
Saturday 4/19 - see previous post about I CAN ride!

Sunday 4/20 - went out with JG on the time trial bikes to test it out and see what we need to adjust. I only did 10 miles, but since I had the Bon Jovi concert, I couldn't push the time too much!

Monday 4/21 - day off - but I did get some quality play time in with Alexa!

Tuesday 4/22 - 1/2 hour swim - 1600 yards - some with flippers to work legs and get some breathing control sets in. Bike ride with Alexa down to Irwin's to check out the sale. 11 miles total...hrm said 1200 calories burned! Last big hill (Madison Ave that curves off MLK on NW side of DM) was HARD! But I did make it up even though I ended up in granny gears!

Wednesday 4/23 - bike ride to the Y with Alexa to teach Waterbabies - 6 miles total...pulling her up hills is brutal, my legs were burning!! Kyle had to come get us as it is too dark to ride home by the time we are done with class.

Today 4/24 - 1/2 hour swim at the Y - 1500 yds - only 300 with flippers to do a kick set and some breath control! I'm looking to do 35min or under in the swim at Hy-Vee!
I have to coach tonight, but will head to the Y early to get a run in. Hopefully I can get more than 1 mile in tonight!

Starting to feel better about Pigman on June 1st!

1 comment:

Jules said...

You are going to do great at the pigman. Keep up the good work.