Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gravel and stuff

I am taking a different approach this year to riding. I have always ridden road bikes, I like my road bike however with all of the car vs bike issues going on road riding kind of scares me. So I have taken to the gravel. Living in Newton, working in Pella and being from Pella I know alot of gravel roads. I have been trying to map out different routes which has been alot of fun, Hopefully I can get some of the ladies to drive down from DSM to ride some of them with me.

Since I made my decision to not do any triathlons this year, I seem to be more relaxed. Which to me means that it was the right decision.

Latest Greatest:

About froze my butt of saturday at the Colfax gravel circuit race. I was a stop sign on a corner. I think that I might have found my calling.

Sunday I rode the Chill - i - ride, this is a ride put on by the CIC, central Iowa cyclist. We got to ride around the race track. I rode 1/2 of the way with the group(I had to get a cookie or two) then took off and scouted out some gravel roads. I am finding out there a ALOT of hills around here but I knew that.

JS and I are now officially signed up for sun, mon and tues of RAGBRAI. Watch out world the Julies' are on the loose.

I have been uncovering my plants, it was a long winter for them. I think they are happy to get the mulched leaves off of their little stems. I am also trying to decide what to grow this year.

I am still swimming twice a week and actually running more now then when i was training. Figure that one out.

That is about all for now...until next time PEACE!

No comments: